Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver worldclass outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the Development team resources across one or more product lines to ensure that software development Programs are adequately staffed, and ensure that targets for the Development and Maintenance and quality of products are achieved. This can include leading quality, test, or documentation efforts.
Manager Development for engineering team tolead resources across AM product lines to ensure that feature development and sustaineng work is effectively managed through Agile Scrum setup. Candidate needs to insure that targets for the delivery of the prioritized product deliveries are done on time and are done with effective/solid coding solutions.
Candidate must be extremely organized and a very effective communicator. Candidate must demonstrate a history of owning high pressure situations/deliverables and the positive outcomes associated with those deliverables.
• Interaction with several functional teams (Design, QA,Documentation, Service, Sales, Product Planning) with a common goal
of delivering solutions/supporting our clients.
• Resource forecasting and allocation of software engineers to facilitate resolution of open client issues
• Defining, leading and auditing progress with quality initiatives, as appropriate
• Ownership of standards-based compliance or process improvement efforts, as required
• Particiapte in building and executing development/testing/automation/performance strategy and vision, with strong execution skills.
The Candidate with passion for software engineering and managing the team of engineers are the ideal candidates to apply for this position. Participation in and well-planned-implementation of established global software quality improvement initiatives and
processes, leveraging ROI, adherence to standards, and timely, measurable results.
• Regular use / reporting of metrics for resource allocation, software defects (especially rework), productivity and efficiency score and establishment of performance goals for all team members are some of the major responsibilities. The manager would be expected to ensure commitments where he would be expected to progress as per schedules and proactively monitor productivity trends.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3-4 years managing software development teams with 15+ overall IT experience.
• Strong knowledge of development, Quality Assurance testing methodologies, and performance testing.
• Technical Skills: Should be leading .Net, SQL projects and have strong background on SQL database.
• Excellent People management experience, Effective communicator.
• Desired: Healthcare IT Experience or Healthcare education
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 postacute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favorable treatment or be disadvantaged because of their gender, marital or family status, color, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be subject to less favorable treatment or be disadvantaged on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.