- Resource forecasting and allocation of software engineers, quality engineers, and/or technical authors across several development programs for new product development
- Defining, leading, and auditing progress with development process and quality initiatives, as appropriate to project and product need
- Ownership of standards-based compliance or process improvement efforts, as required by Programs and as appropriate to project and product need
- Participation-in and well-planned implementation-of established global software quality improvement initiatives and processes, leveraging ROI, adherence to standards, and timely, measurable results
- Establishing and cultivating collaborative, effective relationships with global counterparts to ensure adequate resource allocation to projects and maximum efficiency
- Regular use/reporting of metrics for resource allocation, software defects, productivity, and efficiency
- Establishment of performance goals for all team members
- Leveraging effective, clear, timely communication via all available written and verbal forms and in a global context as appropriate for the initiatives and locations involved
- Ensuring commitments and progress to schedules remain clear, reasonable, and proactively monitored
- Ensuring communication and status forums/formats make optimal use of time and effect, draw attention to important matters, and are effective mediums for managing initiatives and teams
- Identify and recruit internal/external talents to ensure effective mix of competencies
- Induct new joiners to quickly maximize performance
- Set and communicate team/individual objectives and KPI to inspire individuals to achieve high performance
- Allocate workload to fully utilize every employee’s talent and growth potential
- Implement development plans and coach for individuals to reach their maximum talent
- Provide regular constructive feedback on performance/development and address poor/mediocre performance on a timely manner
- Recognize high performers to maintain motivation and retain key talent
- Regularly communicate on company news and team progress against business plan
- Create and foster team spirit
- Effectively and proactively lead team in the global, multi-site context as/if required
- Knowledge and understanding in the latest Microsoft technologies, quality assurance processes, standards and methodologies including automation tools and techniques
- Good working knowledge in TFS/MTM/QC
- B.Tech. / M.Tech. from IITs or Premier institutes/ Universities with 10+ years of total experience in Software Development/Testing functions
- Should have managed teams of developers and software testers in a distributed delivery model and in a mid-size organization
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle/complete multiple projects/products working in a diverse environment
- True and a natural leader who is autonomous, independent, assertive, can handle stressful and high-pressure environment.
- Is results-oriented, organized and possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- Lead initiatives and provide strategic and tactical directions to the Development and QA Automation and Manual Testing teams
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders, understand the technology stack and architecture of the product and use the right tools, processes and methodologies to achieve best results
- Manage and Lead team through appraisals, training programs, align team goals with organizational vision and cross collaborate within R&D
- Ensure the implementation of processes and procedures to ensure department meets company and department business/quality goals.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favorable treatment or be disadvantaged because of their gender, marital or family status, color, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be subject to less favorable treatment or be disadvantaged on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.